Monday, January 9, 2012

First Day of Winter Term

11:16am


Well here I go, already finished my first class of Winter Term 2012!  Last term went by pretty fast, and I'm hoping this term does too. I am ready for some sun, and heat. It's not fun having to bundle up for the cold Portland city weather. It's always colder here in Portland than it is in Gresham, so if I think it feels cold at home, then I'm going to freeze in Portland. So, I have to put on 15 million layers just to keep warm, you can imagine how heavy it is... :P 


Well I think I've narrowed down which graphic memoir I want to read for my Design and Society class. The options were Maus, Persepolis, or Forget Sorrow. I looked at Forget Sorrow, and I'm not sure i like the style of the drawings in it. Same with Persepolis. SOOOOO I think I am going to pick Maus. Im not sure how to explain what it's about, so if you want to know click HERE. Then we have to get a book called Making Comics, because we will be writing our own story, and analyzing the graphic memoir we read. I'm kinda excited, and kinda scared. I am not a fan of drawing a cartoon me, or cartoons in general.


12:58pm


YAY, I have found a friend from my Design and Society (university studies class) that is in my Idea and Form class, and possibly my History of Western Art! I am SOO excited :D 


6:18pm

Well that was exciting..... On our (Amy and I) way from PSU to Gresham our train pulled into Gateway saying he was going to the center platform so only the left doors would be opening. Then once we were stopped he announced that the train would be HEADED BACK to City Center! So mostly everyone got off, and headed to the eastbound platform. 4 Blue Lines came in the time frame of an hour, and we could only get on the last one. The other 3 were PACKED, like you have no idea. It was like playing sardines on the MAX. It was crazy. We waited an hour in the cold :( haha but it was fun, kinda, besides the cold and being exasperated it was good. We were looking on the bright side and telling ourselves, we would still be in class right then if we hadn't gotten out early. So not being in class was a plus :) Well that was my first day of Winter Term 2012 :D

No comments:

Post a Comment